So I've been really busy this summer planning for the future and trying to figure everything out. With that being said, I'm sure you're aware I picked up a new motorcycle recently. The KLR650! I've been trying to figure out a good trip to do and have been considering everything from riding to Alaska or even riding to South America. But first I need to get my bike fixed and set up right. Well I pulled apart the crank case and found that the Balance Idle Adjuster modification had not been done yet. So I went ahead and ordered the parts and started working on that. I took a bunch of pictures since I wound up having to do it over the course of a few days. I'm still waiting on two parts (bolts) that I need since I misread one of the instructions and accidentally snapped two bolts with too much torque. I also finally readjusted the chain on my shadow and have been riding it a good bit lately. I figured since it hasn't sold this season, I'll likely sell it next season. This weekend I'm hoping to make a weekend long trip on the shadow but we shall see! I think once I get all the motorcycle stuff done I'll get back in the studio and work on finishing my album and get back to working on making my guitar. Being that I do all this outside of a demanding day job and on the weekends, it can be tough to find the time for it all. I still need to refinish the fairings on the KLR, possibly install some auxiliary lights, possibly a center stand, clean and tune the carb, and put a lowered seat on it. After that, I'll be done! So far I've replaced a few bolts, replaced the coolant, the adjusted the idle, replaced the shifting lever, replaced the brake fluid, and adjusted the throttle handle.
Also, I wanted to include a few pictures from when I cleaned our gutters last week. So a little back story first, I rent the in-law-suite of a house and the rest of the house is rented out by my three other friends. We live together in this place in Marietta that's a really good fit for all of us. The only downside is that the house is owned by a corporation instead of an individual. And it's pretty clear, whomever built the in-law-suite did a pretty shit job. As an example, there's literally no insulation in the walls. We found this out when the cable guy tried to put a modem in my side of the house, drilled through the wall to the outside, and there was nothing but two pieces of wood and some space.. We've had all sorts of problems with the house living there for the past few years because the management team doesn't take care of it, and so we're left to take care of this place ourselves if we want a semi-nice place to live in. This is how our house got it's name, The Shanty Shack. Yes, it's a bit redundant, but it pretty accurately sums up the quality of our housing structure. Anyway, we have lived there for about two years now and I was under the assumption that the gutters had been cleaned before. Well on really hot days, our house gets a sort of funky smell. Previously, I thought maybe a dead animal had gotten stuck in one of our walls or our attic but I could never find it. Well I got fed up last week and googled it to find out what could be wrong still, and the internet told me that it could be that our sewer outlets on top of the house could be clogged. I went up on the roof to check it out and to my surprise, it was the gutters. They were so full of debris that they had created a sludge like substance of rotten leaves and whatever else. Not to mention, that on other parts of the house, there were literally trees and weeds growing out of the roof. So I spent the afternoon cleaning it all up. Here are a few pictures I took.
My Personal Blog
Nothing fancy, just updates about my life, what's going on, and thing'n'such!